Jackson Shooting Suspect Sought

A 22-year-old Neptune man was shot in the Luxury Mobile Home Complex on Toms River Road. Police, who were responding to an unrelated incident, heard shots fired on Coleman Way around midnight on May 4. (Photo by Jennifer Peacock)

JACKSON – Jackson Township Police are asking the public for information about a shooting that happened May 4 in the Luxury Mobile Home Community off Route 571.

Police were already in the mobile home park investigating what Jackson Police Sgt. Christopher Parise called an unrelated incident just after midnight when they heard multiple shots coming from Coleman Way in the community. Residents on Coleman provided police with a description of a male and a possible getaway vehicle. Parise said he could not disclose who gave the description or how they were able to describe the shooter despite it being dark out. Police did not release the description to the public, but are asking anyone with information to call Detective John Rodriguez at 732-833-3008.

Tips can also be left anonymously at 732-833-3032.

At the scene, police found a number of .40 caliber shells scattered on the ground. A mobile home was hit with one round as well, which penetrated its exterior wall. Police said the home was occupied at the time, but no one inside was hurt.

Community Medical Center (Photo courtesy of RWJBarnabas)

Later on May 4, police received a call from Community Medical Center in Toms River saying the hospital had a shooting victim in the emergency room. The 22-year-old male from Neptune was treated for an abdominal wound and later released. Jackson Police interviewed the man before his release. The man is apparently in a relationship with someone who resides in the park, but Parise could not say what lead to the shooting or where the police were in their investigation.

Parise told The Jackson Times that the police are regularly called to the mobile home park for a variety of reasons.

According to police officials, the last reported shooting in Jackson Township occurred on April 9, 2015, when Peyman Sanandaji was gunned down inside Casanova Ristorante on South New Prospect Road. Sanandaji had given $140,000 to Daniele Romeo DiSantillo to invest in two pizza shops, something DiSantillo’s defense team disputes, saying the money was the combination of personal and business loans and gifts.

DiSantillo, whose father owns Romeo Plaza where the restaurant was located, was found guilty on eight counts connected to Sanandaji’s murder earlier this year, including first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

He was accused of paying another business partner, Hector Calderon, to kill Sanandaji. Though the restaurant was permanently shuttered at the time, Calderon and the victim were inside having a meeting when the shots were fired.

According to Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office spokesman Al Della Fave, DiSantillo is scheduled for sentencing with Judge James M. Blaney on May 18.

Charges were also filed against Jackson Police Officer Eric Prosniewski. According the prosecutor’s office, he was charged with two counts of hindering apprehension.

Della Fave said that Calderon will be going to trial on September 19 before Judge James Blaney. Prosniewski has a final pre-trial conference before the same judge on June 6. He will decide at that time if he will plead or go to trial.

SHARE
Previous articleToms River’s WWI Heritage
Next articleLacey BOE Taxes To Increase
Ocean County native Jennifer Peacock is a community journalist and photographer. She’s written for weekly and daily newspapers in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia for more than 20 years. Readers can contact her at [email protected]